Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Creamy Ranch Pork Chops over Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes w/ Broccoli

Last night I made a crock pot meal. I had pork chops in the freezer that I had purchased when they were on sale a few weeks ago. I love this meal because it is a great example how you can take the basics in your pantry and freezer to make a great meal.

Ingredients:
- Thin cut boneless pork chops
- 2 cans Campbell's Cream of Chicken
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
- Frozen broccoli (brand does not matter)
- 1 packet Idahoan Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes
- Salt and pepper

Directions:
In crock pot put in two cans of Cream of Chicken soup. Empty half of the dressing packet and mix in. Season your pork chops with the rest of the ranch packet, salt, and pepper. Put pork chops in crock pot, turn on high for 4 hours.

When the chops are cooked through and you're ready to eat make mashed potatoes (follow directions on back; takes literally 5 minutes) and cook your frozen broccoli packet.



BAM! You have yourself a delicious, super easy, cheap meal.



I love to use the crock pot because I can throw in all my ingredients and go to class, do homework, work out, and come back to a finished meal. Also, I am still getting used to having a cooking blog so I have made a few meals in between my posts that I have just completely forgotten to take pictures of. I will remake those recipes soon and remember to post pictures and directions. Trust me that most of the meals I make do not involve pork and mashed potatoes. Purely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment