Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Basics

Today's post is the first of many about the basics that every cook should have in their kitchen. Today we will focus on the pantry. When people come over and look in my pantry they are always amazed how much food we have. Really what they're seeing are the basics that I keep stocked in my pantry so I don't have to run out to the grocery store every time I go to make a new recipe. So many of the recipes I will share with you all rely on the same fundamental ingredients. The following is a list of some the most important things to keep stocked in your pantry:





1. Campbell's Condensed Soups such as Cream of Chicken, Cream of Mushroom, Tomato, Cream of Celery, etc.
2. Pasta. Any kind you please.
3. Rice
4. Instant Mashed Potatoes
5. Tomato Sauce
6. Chicken Broth
7. Canned Veggies
8. Dinner Kits such as Old El Paso Taco or Enchilada kits
9. Regular soups
10. Salsa

All of these are non-perishable items meaning they will not go bad in a short amount of time. I am stating the obvious because you save money by constantly keeping your pantry stocked with these. Do NOT EVER buy them for full price. I am a Publix shop-a-holic and I never leave there empty handed without purchasing BOGO pastas, tomato sauce, chicken broth, condensed soups, dinner kits, etc. Also, these are all products that are made by companies who put a ton of coupons. Now stocking your pantry will not happen over night. You will have to wait for those sales and give yourself time to getting used to remembering to put these on your grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment