Monday, March 12, 2012

Easy Chicken and Biscuits

So this is a recipe I made from scratch. It was the Sunday before midterms so I knew that I would need some vegetables and protein in me to get through the week. So I came up with this recipe which is a mixture chicken pot pie and chicken and biscuits. Yum, yum, yum. It's recipes like these that define my goal with this blog: easy, cheap, and nutritious.

Ingredients:
- 2 cans Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 or 2 chicken breasts
- Milk
- Bag of frozen vegetables
- Pillsbury biscuits
- Chicken broth

Directions:
1. Actually make the Cream of Chicken soup by the directions on the can. I used milk instead of water to make it creamier.



2. Once the soup has warmed throw in your bag of frozen vegetables. You can use as little or as much as you want.

3. Cook chicken on another pan with some basic seasonings. Shred apart and add into mixture.

4. I added about a 1/2 cup of chicken broth just to give it some more flavor and to increase the mixture.

5. Meanwhile, cook your biscuits in the oven. I don't buy store brand when it comes to biscuits because Pillsbury really has them all beat. It will be worth the few extra pennies.



6. Once the vegetable and soup mixture is all warm crack open a biscuit and pour your yummy mixture on top.



Easy right?
The best part of this meal is that I fed four people and still had leftovers! Oh and I forgot to mention truly how cheap this meal was. I got my bag of frozen vegetables 50% making them $1.20 and my Pillsbury biscuits were $1.00 for each can of 5. I always have Cream of Chicken soup in my pantry and plenty of chicken broth. I also buy all my chicken when it's on sale. So this meal was dirt cheap!


5 comments: